Dr. Harishchandra Singh Rathod
Dr Harishchandra Singh Rathod specializes in the area of Marketing Management and possesses immense interest in research related to consumer behaviour, advertising and tourism studies.
He has a teaching experience of more than 15 years and is associated with SJPI-National Institute of Co-operative Management since August 2008. Dr. Rathod was actively involved in co-ordinating various state level and national level seminars and workshops at University level. He has also served as a visiting faculty for post graduate management courses and M.Phil (Commerce and Management), MPhil (Indian Diaspora), Master of Hosptilal Management and PGDM-Agri Business Management Couses.
His doctoral research for which he was granted PhD (Management) in 2007 titled “Perceptions and Behaviour Dynamics of Foreign Tourists: Implications for Tourism and Hospitality Industry-An in-depth study of Mewar Tourist Circuit of Rajasthan” gave him an opportunity to enrich his knowledge regarding cross-cultural dynamics of various international tourists visiting India.
He has a passion for teaching and emphasizes more on mnemonics and audio-visual tools for providing a better insight into complex management theories.
- Cleared GSLET (Management) in 2016, conducted by The MS University of Baroda and approved by UGC.
- PhD (Management), Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University,Patan (Gujarat), 2007
- MBA ( Marketing), Department of Management, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University,Patan, 2002
- Received the ‘Innovative Trainer Award-2016’ by Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD),Vadodara Chapter, February 20- 21,2016
- Received the Best Research Paper Award (General Management) for “Islamic Banking in India: Religious and Socio-Economic Perspectives Affecting Muslim Investors of Ahmedabad District in Gujarat” at National Conference on Management 2010. Emerging Trends in Management Practices Organised by Tolani Institute of Management Studies, Adipur (Gujarat), December 4, 5, 2010.
- Received the Best Case Writer’s Award for the case, ”Patan Bus Depot: Bumpy Roads to Makeover” at AIMS, Western Region Conference organized by S.K.School of Business Management, Patan and V.M.Patel Institute of Management, Ganpat University, April 16-17, 2005 at Ganpat Vidyanagar,Kherva Dist: Mehsana
- Secured the highest percentage in First Year BBA in the Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University (Year 1997-1998)
- Use of Mnemonics and Story-telling method for teaching complex management theories.
- Impact of colours and aesthetic appeals on consumer buying behaviour.
- 3)Behavioural differences related to religiosity.
- Islamic Banking practices.
Papers in Edited Books
- ISBN 81-8324-394-0: Agri-Business and Rural Management (Mittal Publications,New Delhi,2013),’Usage-benefit and Satisfaction of Genetically Modified BT Cotton Seeds-Mahyco Bollgard—II : Study of Selected Farmers Residing in Sabarkantha (S.K.) and Patan Districts of Gujarat.pp 517-526.
- ISBN 81-8324-434-3: Indian Banking System (Mittal Publications,New Delhi,2013), Behavioural Attributes and Attitudes Towards LIC’s Policies: Study of Rural Customers of Selected Villages of Daskroi Tehsil of Ahmedabad District.pp 1013-1034.
- ISSN-2277-8179: International Journal of Scientific Research (Volume 3, Issue 2, February 2014), ‘Colour-Emotion Association and its Affective Interpretation.’ pp 51-55
- IISSN-2277-8160: Global Journal for Research Analysis (Volume 3,Issue 2, February 2014), ‘Developing and Refining Research Instrument for Evaluating Purchase Intentions of Organic Foods: Factor Analysis Approach.’ pp 43-46.
- ISSN-2249-555X: Indian Journal of Applied Research (Volume 4, Issue 2, February 2014), ‘Emergence of Family Entertainment Options in North Gujarat Area: Case of Tapovan Nature Park.’ pp 72-75.
- ISSN- 2229-6743: IMT Case Journal (Volume 2, No.2, Jan-June 2012), ‘Triumph Tutorials’ Search of Triumphant Strategy’.pp 25-38
- ISSN-0974-2956: SIES Journal of Management (Volume 7, Issue 1, April 2010- August 2010), ‘Key Retail Store Attributes Determining Consumers’ Perceptions” An Empirical Study of Consumers of Retail Stores Located in Ahmedabad (Gujarat).pp 20-34
- ISSN-2250-1991: Paripex-Indian Journal of Research (Volume 3,Issue 2, February 2014),’Product and Brand Association Mapping Using Projective Technique: Study of Tata Nano in Ahmedabad.’pp 8-11.
- ISSN-0975-5853: Global Journal of Management and Business Research (Volume 12 Issue 4, Version 1.0,March 2012), ‘An Experimental Use of Delphi Method for Understanding Chemists’ Opinions related to Medications for Swine Flu.’ pp 75-81.
- ISSN-0975-5853: Global Journal of Management and Business Research ( Volume 11, Issue 6, Version 1.0, May 2011), ‘ Mobile Phone Usage Habits of Students Commuting from Rural Areas to Nearby town-An exploratory Study of Visnagar ( Gujarat-India)’ pp 31-37.
- ISSN-0974-3596: International Journal of Computer Applications in Engineering, Technology and Sciences (Volume 3, Issue 2, April-September 2011), ’Project Management Lifecycle Tools, Analysis and Implementation at Attune Infocom Pvt. Ltd, Ahmedabad’ pp 99-103.
- ISSN-0973-6352: Ripples: An International Multidisciplinary Research Journal (Volume 4, Issue 2, March 2010-August 2010) ,‘Retail Service Quality of Branded Apparel Format Among Youths of Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar of Gujarat State’.pp 135-146.
- ISSN-0975-8429: IMED Journal of Management and Social Research (Volume 6, no.2, July-December 2013), ‘A Deductive Research: Factors that influence advertisers to select advertising agency for television advertisement’. Pp 14-22.
- ISSN-2249-2274: NICM Bulletin: The Journal of Management and Co-operation ( Volume 9, No.3, July-September 2012). ‘Factor Analysis on Consumer Decision Making Process While Purchasing Hatchback Car’ pp 17-24.
On June 2,2016 and June 9,2016 Dr. Harishchandra Singh Rathod was invited as a trainer by Dena Bank, Staff Training Centre, Ashram Road Ahmedabad.
The programme was conducted with an objective to provide pre-promotion training to Officers of Grade I and II.
He trained 600 officers of Dena Bank on the following topics for which the participants provided a very positive feedback.
- Using effective body language during interviews
- Facing interview successfully and
- How to prepare for Group Discussions
Co- Principal Investigator
District Human Development Report -Navsari and Porbandar Districts (2016)
Worked as co-principal investigator for preparation of District Human Development Report of Navsari and Porbandar Districts ( Assigned by Gujarat Social Infrastracture Development Society,Gandhinagar