Tanvi Kothari has completed her MBA with dual specialization in Human Resource and Marketing from T. N. Rao Institute of Management Studies, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat. She had done B. Pharm from B. K Mody Government Pharmacy College, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gjuarat. She is Pursing her PhD from Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Prior to joining SJPI in July 2017 she was associated Institute of Management, Niram University as full time research scholar. Her academic areas of interest are Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Compensation Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, Research Methodology . She is life member of Indian Society of Training and Development Being into academics for almost 9 years she has attended few workshops and has written research papers in reputed Journals.
- Pursing Ph.D from Institute of Management, Nirma University
- Master of Business Administration with dual specialization (Human Resource Management and Marketing Management) in April, 2008
- Bachelor of Pharmacy in 2005
- Worked as visiting faculty at Institute of Management, Nirma University, B. K. School of Management and Oakbrook Business School
Some accomplishments as doctoral scholar: (4 years of research experience)
- Total 8 publication during Ph D. : Four in National Journals and Four in Conference proceedings
- Tutorials of BBA-MBA integrated programme (Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management)
- Worked as a Convener of ANVESH-Doctoral Research Conference in Management for three consecutive years 4.
- Worked as a publication and review committee member for international conference for two years
- Worked as Assistant Professor (HR) with Faculty of Management, Shree Saraswati Education Sansthan’s Group of Institutions from July 2009 to June 2012 Key Responsibilities:
- Worked as the Coordinator of MBA department having all the responsibility of maintaining and smooth functioning of department
- Imparting Lectures on various subject like Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Industrial relations, Training and Development
- Ensuring overall development of the students and their counseling
- Convener of the Udisha Club (Cultural activities)
- GTU Coordinator had the responsibilities to work as mediator between institute and university and provide information required by university
- Also had additional responsibility of Associate Vice-president of Students Council of the Institute
- Worked as a Lecturer (HR & Marketing) in Om Vindhyavasini Institute of Management, Morbi from Aug’2008 to July’2009 with the additional responsibility of managing and organizing different students activities such as business quiz, role play, dance, elocution, debate and other such competitions
- Worked as a visiting lecturer in B. K. Mody Govt.Pharmacy College, Rajkot for 1 year. I was responsible for taking Lectures as well as Practical.
Teaching Interest: Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Instrumentation in OD and HRD , Research Methodology
Research Interest: Shared identity among Dual career couples, Transactional Analysis, Technostress, Personality types
Publication (National Journals)
- The paper titled “Personality traits and Teaching Style of Management Teachers: An Empirical study” co-authored by Dr. Sameer Pingle, Associate Professor, Institute of Management, Nirma University has been published in The Journal- Contemporary Management Research, Vol. 9, Issue-2, September, 2015, Journal of Bharathidasan Institute of Management, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The paper titled “Establishing the Relationship between Marketing Specialization and Personality Traits among Management Students” co-authored by Dr. Sameer Pingle, Associate Professor, Institute of Management, Nirma University has been published in Paradigm, Vol. 19, Issue-2, July December, 2015 Journal of IMT, Gaziabad, India.
- The paper titled “Scale Development: Validation” co-authored with Prof. Anamika Sinha, Assistant Professor, Institute of Management, Nirma University has been published in SCMS Journal of Indian Management, Vol. XII, No. 2, April-June, 2015, published by SCMS Cochin School of Business, India.
- The paper titled “Vision and Vista of Virtual Teams” co-authored with Prof. Nityesh Bhatt, Sr. Associate Professor, Institute of Management, Nirma University has been published in Udyog Pragati, Vol. 37, No. 4, October-November, 2013, published by NIITE, Mumbai
Publication (Conference Procedings)
- The paper titled “Dual Career Couples: an Integrated Literature Review” Co-authored by Dr. Sameer Pingle has been published in book Research Trends in Economics, Finance and Human Resource Management, proceedings of ANVESH – Doctoral Research Conference in Management, 2016, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Excel Publication, ISBN No. 978-93-85777-44-8, pp. 216-226
- The paper titled “Reflective Journal Writing as an Assessment Tool” has been published in book Research Trends in General Management, proceedings of ANVESH – Doctoral Research Conference in Management, 2015, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Excel Publication, ISBN No. 978- 93-84869-41-0, pp. 193-198
- The paper titled “Specialization Selection: A Study of Personality Fit among Management Students” Co-authored by Dr. Sameer Pingle has been published in book Business Excellence and Leadership: Transforming HR for Enhanced Organizational Capability, proceedings of Nirma Interenational Conference of Management, 2015, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Excel Publication, ISBN No. 978-93-84869-08-3, pp. 207-216
- The paper titled “Learn to Reflect: A Qualitative Research using Reflective Journal Writing” has been published in e-book Trends of Management Research, proceedings of ANVESH – Doctoral Research Conference in Management, 2014, Institute of Management, Nirma University, ISBN No. 978-81-923049-2-2
Research Paper Presented
- The paper titled “Role of HR Professional in Organizations: Scale Development and Validation” Coauthored by Dr. Anamika Sinha has been Presented in Nirma International Conference of Management (NICOM), 2015
- Presentation of Paper titled “Perception of Middle Level IT Professional for their Human Resource Department: A Study of Ahmedabad Based IT/ITES Firms” at International HR Conference, HR Next: Focus, Engage and Align organized by Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Kolkata, February 2013.
- Paper Presentation on “Change the Changing Perception of Employees” at Nirma International Conference of Management. (NICOM), 2012.
- Paper Presentation on “Employee Engagement” in the half day HR Conference on Retention Strategies held at AES Post Graduate Management College, Ahmedabad, January 2009
- Paper titled “Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Prescribed Drug” have been presented in the National Conference held at V. M. Patel Institute of Management, Ganpat University, Kherva.
Participation in Seminars
- Participated in the event “Globalization and Talent Management- Our Challenges, experience and success stories” Organized by Srita Heide International in collaboration with Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, March 2013
- Participated in one day National HR Conclave “Recent Trends in HR” organized by Department of Management, Atmiya Institute of Technology & Science, Rajkot, March 2012
- Participated in as delegated in one day seminar on “Lead Tomorrow” organized by Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad, March 2012
- Participated in Summer School Workshop on Multivariate Analysis Organized by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, May 2013
- Participated in a one day practice based workshop on “Enhancing Communication and People Management Skills using TA & RET Insights” organized by Ahmedabad Management Association.
- Participated in workshop on “Factor Analysis (Exploratory and Confirmatory) using SPSS and AMOS Software” organized by Centre for Management Studies, Ganpat University, Kherva, Mehsana, February, 2012
- Participated in the FDP in the subjects Human Resource Management and specialization subjects, quantitative techniques and production and operation management organized by Gujarat Technological Institute, Ahmedabad, January 2012
- Participated in TA 101 workshop organized by TA Study Circle, Madras at Chennai in September 2011. Awarded with International certificate to work as provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst.
- Participated in the FDP on “Research Methodology-Statistical Techniques and Data Analysis Using SPSS” conducted by S. K. Patel Institute of Management, Gandhinagar, February, 2011
- Participated in the FDP on “Teaching Tools and Techniques for Management Teachers” conducted by Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, November 2009